Superstar Dodgers pitcher Zack Greinke was offered free subway and bus rides for life in exchange for re-signing with the Dodgers. This is not the first time an athlete was offered an interesting transportation clause.
5. In exchange for his $5 million contract with Under Armour, Michael Phelps is on 24-hour standby to tow executives’ stalled yachts into shore.
4. Joe DiMaggio had it written into his contract that if he got drunk in St. Louis and rode the Budweiser Clydesdales around town, people couldn’t get mad at him.
3. For all speaking engagements, Tony Hawk demands that all nearby sidewalks have “sweet curbage for maximum grindage.”
2. Roberto Baggio had a private bathroom inside the Popemobile.
1. Clayton Kershaw now refuses to pitch unless Bronson Arroyo plays guitar on the front of his car like that dude from Mad Max: Fury Road. Negotiations are pending.