Leading up to tonight’s huge NL Wild Card showdown, we sent our intern on a fact-finding mission. What he came back with is absolutely useless, and frankly somewhat unnerving. But, these are facts nonetheless. So, um, here.
1. Noah Syndergaard’s name was actually shortened from Noaaah Syndergaaaaaaaaaaaard to fit on the uniform.
2. Bruce Bochy often uses the bullpen phone to check his voicemail.
3. Hunter Pence does not wear a protective cup, but he swears “I don’t need one, if you know what I mean.”
4. Bartolo Colon is actually twice as old as the next oldest manager on the Mets.
5. If a player at Citi Field ever hits three doubles, every fan in attendance receives a Citibank credit card.
6. Buster Posey can only fall asleep while squatting.