1. Fenway Park added a retractable roof in 1954 that has never been opened due to protests by all of the Boston astronomers attending the games trying to get some damn work done.
2. Corey Kluber once stuck a knife in a baseball to see what was inside, but it turned out to be a clementine that had grown a thick layer of white mold around the peel. What was inside would not shock you.
3. The Indians’ nickname “The Tribe” is actually a wildly successful viral marketing campaign by Tribe Hummus.
4. Surprisingly, the giant ice wall in Game of Thrones is modeled after a Fenway outfield wall, but not the Green Monster. It’s actually modeled after the comparatively normal-sized rightfield wall.
5. Cleveland fans think they’re all that now because of LeBron. They aren’t all that, but they sincerely think that they are.
6. This series marks the first time the Indians and Red Sox have played each other in the regular season or playoffs since August 1722. (margin of error: +/- 3 centuries)