1. Nationals outfielder Jayson Werth suffers from a rare condition called Auto-Interbeardlocution, a syndrome in which the patient compulsively holds a conversation with his own beard.
2. Stephen Strasburg was once mistaken for Fred Durst, and he thought that was pretty cool. He sometimes tells that story at parties.
3. Dodger Stadium, like most things in the West, was originally built as a cattle pen, but with the invention of the automobile and the subsequent transformation of Los Angeles, they decided it just made more sense as a baseball stadium, for whatever the reason.
4. The official sunscreen of the Los Angeles Dodgers is Banana Boat. That’s why they all smell like bananas and why opposing players refer to them as “Blue-nanas.”
5. Chase Utley did not cry at the the part of Homeward Bound when Shadow gets stuck in the mud pit. That, coupled with last year’s brutal slide, raises some serious questions about this guy.
6. The Dodgers are still bitter that Jack Nicholson didn’t choose to come sit front row at their games.